- Food & Drink
- Travel Services
- Le Blog
April 10, 2012
To: Regis Lecendreux
From: Terrance Gelenter
Subject: Thursday Nights at the Duke’s Bar
What I suggested at our original meeting has come to pass in a mere seven weeks-Thursday Nights at the Dukes Bar is becoming a must attend event! Sheldon, my accompanist and I are performing two ever-expanding shows, often accompanied by cornetist Dick Miller who brings a touch of New Orleans to the festivities at no cost.
This past Thursday was a typical example of the weekly gathering. Eight first time guests were readers of my newsletter, 4 others were repeat celebrants. All seats including bar stools were occupied until nearly midnight.
Seven ladies from London, guests of the hotel whom I had met on their way out to dinner came back for a round of cognacs before retiring.
Also on hand was Tony Harding who recently hosted a party of six for dinner and drinks and drinks and… was on hand when I arrived and stayed until past midnight-even joining me at the mike for a song.
All of this is being accomplished without any in-house promotion or follow-up by the publicity department.
That being said the inability to find a proper budget for this activity and worse the late payment and as of today non-payment for March needs to be addressed.
I think that the best solution for everyone would be a simple 25% commission on all sales the evening of my performance payable on the first Thursday of each month beginning on May 3 for April’s shows. I will compensate my musicians.
Here is a suggested marketing strategy for the ongoing success of our Thursday night Soirée, booking of hotel rooms and dinner reservations at both the Duke’s Bar and Le Celadon.
• New press release featuring rave comments from guests and photographs
• Follow up with key reporters at Le Figaro, Figaroscope, Where, Paris Capitale, Pariscope, IHT and Radio and TV stations-get then to come to the show
• Feature story at Westminster website including 2 minute video teaser that is currently available at Paris-expat.com
• Feature story in Open Skies in-flight magazine by Albert
• In room DVD of the teaser
• Live from the Duke’s Bar at The Westminster-a CD of the show
We have already shot the footage that we’ve used for the promo teaser-it will be very inexpensive to produce the CDs. Cover could include me standing in the front of the Hotel. Reverse could include shot of me singing, Sheldon playing.
• Complimentary copies of Paris par Hasard: from Bagels to Brioches for hotel guests (I’ll supply at a good price)
• Weekend at the Westminster–Thursday in, Sunday out including dinner and the show
• Promotion of Westminster at the hotels section of Paris-expat.com
• Guaranteed seating with Early Bird dinner (7:30-8:30) Paris’ Best Club Sandwich and une coupe or an entrée/plat formule.
• Dinner at Le Celadon-reserved seating for show
• Sponsored cocktails –eg: May is Margarita Month or Martini month or Mojito Month with support from purveyors-you get a deal or FREE product and clients get a deal on the cocktail
Regis, these are but a few of my ideas that will build awareness and revenue for The Westminster and Paris Through Expatriate Eyes.
Join Our Mailing List